Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Another Medical Conference

Bill and I will be meeting with Dean's doctor(s) today. We are very frustrated with Dean's condition. He is spending more and more time sedated and on pain killers. After our meeting I'll share the news.

Your emails have been wonderful. I share tidbits with Dean whenever he wakes up (Remember, when we had the opposite issue - not sleeping. As they say, be careful what you wish for!) Bill read them yesterday and commented how touching they are. I've made hard copies and will have them for Dean to read.

My next plan is phone calls. I am going to work out a schedule and will call you, or ask you to call me, when I am in the hospital. We will use the speaker phone and you and I and Bill will have a conversation to which Dean will listen. I've been doing this with Wyatt and Owen and Haverly and Frazier. That way we don't have to try and hold the phone to Dean's ear. More later. Linda

7 comments:

Jayne Satter said...

Thank you so very much Linda, for taking the time to keep us informed. I'll be thinking of you and Bill and Dean as you meet with the dr. today.

With Love,

Mango Jayne

Anonymous said...

Linda...again, thank you so much for the updates. Dean has again become a daily part of my life and thoughts. Used to connect with him as he'd arrive at the back door at BVSD security! You are such a blessing to me, with these updates. Warm hugs to you and everyone else too.
Love, Judy (formerly Anderson) Doms

Clifton Barnhart said...

I appreciate the ordeal you guys go through - having to rehash it all at the end of another day so the rest of us will know the latest. Thank you again for your effort.

Clif Barnhart

Anonymous said...

Linda,

Please call any time...... I think of you each day

Michelle and Kent

Scott said...

Linda,

You have my number. Call anytime.

Love and all good wishes to you,
Scott

Kathy and Chip said...

Please do let us know when we would have a turn to call. That would be such a blessing for us to speak to you all. Continued thoughts and prayers. Much love.

Kathy and Chip

sue said...

Dear Linda, Bill and Dean,

Have been thinking of you all.
I am at the spring panasonic meeting in New Orleans. Tonight agroup of about 70 or so educators including panasonic folks, Larry, Scott and senior consultants and teams most especially the highline team toasted Dean. We all hope he felt the energy and strngth coming to him from all of us.

sending prayers, hugs, love and support,

sue from Florida