Thursday, April 9, 2009

Now It's Your Turn

So many of you have asked, "What can I do?" I've finally figured it out. Dean is such a social person and the isolation from his family and friends is impacting him and us. Here is the plan:

For the next four weeks, I am asking you to send me an email that I will share with Dean. So my computer doesn't explode, I have a schedule. Using the first letter of your first name (since Dean is on a first name basis with all of you), please follow this schedule:

April 13-19 Letters A-E
April 20-26 Letters F-K
April 27-May 3 Letters L-Q
May 4-9 Letters R-Z

Please share anything - little events, huge events. Include a picture, a short video. Tell Dean about your work, travel plans, wedding plans, graduations, kids, grandkids. Anything that Dean knows about you. Use the voice that Dean knows. If you have a great sense of humor, voice that. If you are hyper...write that way. I'll try to capture it. I will share your messages with Dean, as he can tolerate the number. But when he can, he'll have an album of your love to read over and over.

My email address is damon.l@att.net. In the subject, include Dean's name. I feel like I should be prepared for an avalanche...but Bill and I will welcome all your email. We'll have fun reading them too.

4 comments:

Ann Jones said...

Bless your heart - I have been thinking about you all so, so much since reading the last few posts. I'll be more than delighted to send something.

So many thoughts and prayers are headed your way....

Ann (that's an A so I'd best get going!)

sue said...

what a great idea! you all are so
wonderful and Dean and you will receive many stories and messages about Dean's friends and family. I can not wait for my turn....
peace, love and blessings to you and Bill and Haverly and Frasier
and Dean...Happy Easter weekend
and spring. thinking of you and hoping for some good days...

sue from florida

jayez said...

This is a terrific idea and we are so happy to participate. Dean is a social person and his extrovert energy is emaciated as well. Hopefully with our stories and messages, you won't feel so isolated as well. Much love,

Janice said...

What a great idea! I have noted my days on my calendar and am looking forward to downloading some pictures to share with all of you.

All the best thoughts are sent your way.

Janice